Creamy Aromatic Korma Curry
Say no to take away because making a creamy, aromatic and flavourful Korma Curry at home just got easy!
- 1 jar of Korma Curry Paste
- 1 kg of bite sized (extra firm) tofu
- 400ml of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of ground cashews, almonds or almond meal
- Fresh coriander and whole nuts to garnish
Preparing the Tofu
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
- Remove the extra firm tofu from the packet and dry it using a hand towel.
- Break the tofu in to bite sized pieces. I like to break it, rather than cutting to equal sizes, to have the look of chicken pieces.
- Toss it in salt, 2 tbsp of cornflour and 2 tbsp oil, until every piece is well coated.
- Bake it for 15 minutes, turning the tray half way through, until the tofu is slightly crispy on the top.
Preparing the Korma Curry
- Heat your pan. Leave the flame on high.
- Add the paste to the heated pan along with the baked tofu.
- Add 1 cup of water, cream, ground nuts and cook on high for another 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander and nuts.
- Serve it with fresh rice or roti!
- You can avoid baking the tofu. Instead, you can marinate the tofu with spices of your choice and follow the process.
- You can replace the tofu with TVP or Vegetables of your choice.
- You can adjust the quantity and spice levels to your liking.